• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedometer cable for 71 440+6 GTX Stock

Slant 6 Music

Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
I searched this forum, but didn't find an answer.

Anyone have suggestions for the speedometer cable for a 71 440+6 stock setup? I see classic has them for a bunch of money, but I'm guessing someone makes them for half that price. Any part numbers or links appreciated. Thanks!

Did both the manual and automatic cars use the same length cable. Seems on my manual I got 20-24 inches too much.

I just ordered a cable for my Coronet. Speedo wasn't working; traced it down to the cable resting on a header pipe and burning through the sheath.
YO and Classic Industries has 'em, but they're charging $17 shipping. I found the same cable, made by OER, on Ebay. Same price, about $44 but free shipping. Scheduled to arrive on Saturday.

I had my cable made by Deluxe speedometer and Cable service in Denver Colorado ,$ 73.70 made in the usa, all lubed and ready to install with gromet

Auto Transport Service
Back