• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spindles

Darter6

Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone ever put 10'' A body drum brake spindles on a 62-65 B body?
The reason for the question is I won a complete SSBC disc brake set for a A body in a poker game that uses the 10'' A spindles. I compared them to the B spindle and the difference is the spindle shaft is longer on the B than the A.About a inch.
Didn't want to tear into the 64 just to find out they may have clearance issues.Control arm,Struts,Outer tie rod.?? Thinking out loud...

The following is from a popular article on converting front 62-65 B body drums to disks using stock Mopar A/E body parts. The pic shows the dimensions you need to check to make sure you have the correct spindles.

This will help you identify the needed ‘74-‘74 E-body / ‘73- ‘76 A-body steering knuckle. Casting numbers are rarely visible, so comparing dimensions is the sure way. Be sure to inspect for spun-bearing damage. Exact, drop-forged steel repros are available from Master Power (see sources.) Do not use the similar, but taller, knuckles from ‘73-up B and F/J/M/R-body cars!

02.jpg

Thanks ! Great photo ,,gives me a starting point with the measurements.

Auto Transport Service
Back