• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Splurged on new snap ring plier set.

Very nice.
I have some Knipex slip groove,use them regularly they are far superior to channel lok.
I didnt know they nake snap ring pliers.

I bought the cheapo set of auto parts store brand that you can swap out the tips... THEY SUCK. These look sturdy and awesome.

Nice set!

39C6004F-3BD8-4573-8B97-3E23272F2EF9.gif

I've got the same ones at work, very nice pliers.

Very nice set. I own a few Knipex tools and they are all quality. I have a Matco snap ring set that I have had since the early 90's. I also have the OTC set, which I like, but the Knipex is probably better quality.

61aBZdpzBeL._SL1200_.jpg

I had no idea snap ring pliers could be so expensive..............or that there where so many different sizes.

I’ve got some Blue Point (Snap-On) snap ring pliers that I’ve had for 45+ years, still look like new. And, yes I do use them. Not cheap, but cheap ones are useless.

Anybody whos ever had a Snap ring go flying will 2nd that.

I had no idea snap ring pliers could be so expensive..............or that there where so many different sizes.
Once you step outside of the ones with changeable tips you have to buy multiple pliers for all the different sizes, gets pricey but they work so much better. Best bang for the buck to me are the ones Ironbuilt posted, not as nice a the Knipex but the work really well.

Cream of the crop! They make great hand tools.

I bought a pair of Armstrong convertible snap ring pliers (like the old Snap-On set) that work well and fit my budget. They are used for internal and external with the twist of a knob.

Do any of you guys know about Lang tools...any good?

This one sells for $89.99:
Lang 3495 Snap ring Plier Set. This set includes 12 fixed tip pliers with size .038, .047, .070, .090 tips. Each size has a tool with straight tips, 45° bent tips, and 90° bent tips. These pliers are convertible for use on internal and external snap rings by repositioning the jaws. They have a knurled center screw with a spring for easy adjustment with cushioned grip handles. Box size: 10.5" x 12" x 3.75" inch. Part # 3495. Made in the USA.

Source:
https://www.samstagsales.com/kastar.htm#retainingringpliers

Do any of you guys know about Lang tools...any good?

This one sells for $89.99:
Lang 3495 Snap ring Plier Set. This set includes 12 fixed tip pliers with size .038, .047, .070, .090 tips. Each size has a tool with straight tips, 45° bent tips, and 90° bent tips. These pliers are convertible for use on internal and external snap rings by repositioning the jaws. They have a knurled center screw with a spring for easy adjustment with cushioned grip handles. Box size: 10.5" x 12" x 3.75" inch. Part # 3495. Made in the USA.

Source:
https://www.samstagsales.com/kastar.htm#retainingringpliers

I read some poor reviews on Lang quality when I was shopping so I went with the Knipex.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back