• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SSBC brakes

68 HEMI GTS

Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
customer service sucks..

Need some new brake hoses for the runner. I'd say the brake kit is about 12 years old. My buddy installed them when it was his dad's car so I kind of remember the time frame. SSBC Pretty much told me to pound sand unless I could give him a kit number. I'm like it's an old kit, and It was on the car when I got it. Tried to give him the hose length and fitting sizes (didnt expect him to guess) but, he had no interest in helping me. Told me if it was a new kit he could help. I said if it was a new kit I wouldn't need parts. Ill probably have to have some made, they are AN on one end and 3/8-24 on the other. I have a ssbc brake set I put on the dart also, I'm sure I don't have the part number for those either. I'll never buy another set of their brakes again.

Can never go wrong with Dr. Diff. Amazing customer service, which is rare anymore. Your experience above isn't uncommon, but it's surprising that SSBC (which makes brakes for nearly everything) doesn't get this sort of call in daily? How many of us honestly remember part #'s. Very few.

Anyways, have Dr. Diffs' stage IV brake kit on my car, as well as his differential, master cylinder, axles, and brake lines. All top-tier quality.

Maybe call back tomorrow and see if you get a different person? Worth a shot.

Maybe call back tomorrow and see if you get a different person? Worth a shot.
I agree. When I get someone who can't or won't help me in customer service, I tell them gotta run, I'll call back, to get someone else who might be more knowledgable or cooperative.

I just looked it up,The SSBC kit for the front brakes is #A156
The kit for the rear is #A155
These were ordered in 2003 and installed on my 65 Belvedere.
Hope it helps

I just looked it up,The SSBC kit for the front brakes is #A156
The kit for the rear is #A155
These were ordered in 2003 and installed on my 65 Belvedere.
Hope it helps

That may, do you know if your calipers look like these?

IMG_1047.JPG

I just went through all this with my SSBC kit. Go to your local Hydraulic Line Supply. The fitting on the caliper side is an OLD Jaguar type fitting. It's long and not very common.

60$ish bucks and 10 mins and I had my new lines ready to go. I dont recall the fitting sizes, sorry.

Yep they are the Iron ones.I can confirm for sure tomorrow.
I'm 99 1/2 % sure.

I think a call to summit racing has me fixed up. I wanna run the car Saturday so not looking to screw around

IMG_1054.PNG
IMG_1055.PNG

I have one SSBC set and can't say that I'm impressed.

I agree, the set on my dart isn't worth a ****. The rr has EBC green stuff pads and it stops good. I plan on changing the pads to EBC on the dart when I put it back together. I've had a few 130+ stops on the dart where I felt a little concerned.

I looked at mine today,yep, they are the same.

Fittings and hose showed up today. Looks like it'll work good. I'll take it for under $30 repair.

IMG_1067.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG

And I'll be writing those numbers down too.^^^ Thank you !!

Auto Transport Service
Back