• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SSBC rear disc brake help!!!

Dbl_R69

Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
Looking for some insight on SSBC rear disc brakes.

I bought a set of the SSBC rear disc brakes (A-155, standard kit, single piston) a couple years back for my 69 RR. Well I finally decided to install them on the car with the plans to go 4 wheel disc. But for some reason it doesn’t look right to me. I noticed that both calipers are for the right side & labeled 2424R. To top it off SSBC is not longer in business so I can’t get answers from them, go figure. I’ve seen a couple old forums stating they have the same 2 calipers, with one caliper mounting towards the rear of the rotor and the other mounts towards the front. The instructions suck *ss and the catalog states it comes with 2424L and 2424R caliper (left & right).

Has anyone installed a set of these on their car before? Any info, instructions & pictures would be greatly appreciated. Starting to think I wasted my money on these.

I have them on my 70 GTX. Both are mounted to the rear. Sounds like you may have gotten a bad deal. Sorry bro. That sucks.

Dbl_R69, I answered your question over on A Bodies. For others the rear calipers are Ford Thunderbird rears in the late 80's and into the early 90's. I ordered a replacement for my car at AutoZone. I asked for a Ford T-bird 1993. The park brake arm is different only where the cable attaches,the hole is larger. A small cable clamp took care of that.

Here’s the brakes on mine.

A1158271-897F-4FF9-8D2C-0FB634ECC5BF.jpeg 7E3EC041-D6FF-499B-A513-A2A9D9B97762.jpeg 6C2EB0AC-77A6-440F-8E17-AA3C18A659ED.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back