• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SST A41 Overdrive in a 3rd Gen

KramerSwinger

Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Curious if anyone here has done this install. Silver Sport Transmissions (SST) claims that their Perfectfit kits will do what the name implies. They say that each kit is essentially custom tailored to each customers vehicle.

I've grown apprehensive just cuz I'm dealing with a 73 Charger. I know that 73+ had a lot of changes in the suspension compared to a 71-72. Everything else about this kit seems almost too good to be true, since I'm trying to turn my car into a daily driver.

So, does anyone with a 73+ B body have an experience with this transmission? SST was formerly Kiesler I believe, if that helps!

SST bought Keisler's product line and machinery after they went out of business.
I don't have any experience with the 71+ cars, however I did buy a perfectfit automatic to TKO kit from them for my '69. I can vouch for their customer service being top of the line. They will work with you to make sure you have everything needed with your kit and do their best to help you with tech support on your install. The only thing missing from my conversion was the console top plate and shifter boot, had to source those parts myself. If I were you I would call and talk to them. Ask if they've had a 73+ car in for fitment testing.

Auto Transport Service
Back