• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

st Martin

ord27

Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
any recommendations on where to stay on St Martin?
I need a dive package but also have a friend who will want to enjoy the local scene

Never been to St Martin, but I did have the opportunity to go to St Barths last year, just a short boat, or plane trip. If you have the opportunity....I HIGHLY recommend it. St Barths was amazing!

You staying on the Dutch side or the French side? There's great places to stay on each side of the island, just make sure you have your passport to go between the 2.

Dutch side is my recommendation.
I can't remember the name of the place we stayed (sorry) but it was on the water and it was great!
Rented a Harley-Davidson Fat Boy and made the rounds around the whole island.
DIVE SABA!!
and we did a shark feeding dive too.

Rented a HD and made the rounds....I guess that included a truck and trailer, too?

All I can advise is when Air France's 747 is spooling up to full power... don't try holding onto the fence unless you're wearing goggles!
stmaartenjan2010 178.jpg

Rented a HD and made the rounds....I guess that included a truck and trailer, too?
How original! Yet another tired, overworked shot at H-D and "reliability" issues..at least that's how I took it. Please clarify if that wasn't your intent, and by all means, don't ever subject yourself to the peril of riding such an unreliable motorcycle. :poke:
Meanwhile, we thoroughly enjoyed our ride, and a few years later I bought my own Harley-Davidson, a V-Rod Muscle, did a few minor mods, had a map built on a dyno in Alabama where the tuner who was recommended to me by the trainer for all TTS MasterTune system programs, spent 8 hours doing a great job getting the most out of my little mods and the Superbike race motor based, Porche inspired, double overhead cam equipped water cooled V-Twin 1,250 cc engine that I had bumped from 9k to 9,200 RPM before the rev limiter kicks in...
A year later my wife got her own 2006 Screamin' Eagle V-Rod, originally a $28,500 custom hand built V-Rod by H-D, one owner with 2,400 miles on it for $13k
Now we are trembling with fear for that day when they explode and leave us stranded, which some uninformed would say is inevitable, but in the meantime we are enjoying riding the fastest, most powerful, most race inspired Harley-Davidson motorcycles of all time.

Auto Transport Service
Back