• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Standard gauge cluster/ tach question ?

pearljam724

Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
What B body models received the standard gauge cluster tach from the factory ? We’re these dealer option tachs ? All standard tranny models with 440’s ? Google images are very misleading due to part swapping, missing parts and restorations. Same question pertaining to standard cluster chrome plastic trim, was it the Coronet 500 and other high trim package b body models only ? Some literature someone can point me to would be great pertaining to these topics.

Tachometers "appear" to be options in various b-bodies, with and without rally dashes. They "could" be part of some packages (say, hemi cars or something), but I'm not sure about that. I don't "think" a tachometer was standard with a manual transmission, though it would make sense if it was.

I'm not sure about your "up-scale" chrome trim on the dash question either, but in general, the 500, R/T, SE, GTX, Satellite, Sport Satellite models got some dash upgrades that the lower-trim models didn't. Sorry, I don't have better information.

Auto Transport Service
Back