• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Started on 71 Charger R/T roller today.

chargervert

Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
I have a 71 Charger R/T 440 4 speed Dana N96 car that I am going to put together as a roller,and sell it. The car has good bones,and my AMD order just came in two weeks ago. I had bought this car to build,but I have since bought another 71 Charger R/T from Arizona,that has never seen rust,and is in final epoxy primer,ready to final block and paint. So this project one will have to go to someone else. So today I dug out the correct K frame with the skid plate on it for the car today. I thought it still had the rotors,spindles and upper control arms on it,but after I uncovered it ,those parts were not on the K frame assembly. I know I have them,but I have to remember where I put them.

Last edited:
This is the fender tag for the car.
20190902_154251.jpg

I would like to get the body into decent shape to make the car a good candidate for either a restoration,or restomod build. The car has nice frame rails,the correct R/t torque boxes,the trunk floor is very nice,near perfect. the floors are nice,except for the drivers side floor pan,which was already cutout by the previous owner. I have a new floor pan that I plan to install. The rockers are good. The firewall is mint,no rust or rot. the inner front fenders are new and installed. The R/T doors are there and are restorable. I have decent front fenders,front valence,and a hidden headlight grille and bumper that I would consider in fair condition. I have a brand new AMD Ramcharger hood with the air door,which is a very nice piece. The rear quarters currently on the car,are poorly installed 73 quarter skins. I purchased two new full 71 Charger AMD quarterpanels,and a new dutch panel too. I have a fair condition rear bumper with the correct R/T taillights in it,and a dual exhaust rear valence pan. The trunklid is straight,but needs some rust repair on the underside inner structure near the back edge. I have quite a bit of work to get the car where I want it to be,before I list it for sale.

Sounds like you have a good start. GY9 is a sexy color in my opinion.

GY9 is one of those colors that looks great when it's fresh, but looks really bad when it gets faded and weathered. My friend has a GY9 71 Charger R / T that he painted the modern Challenger color toxic orange, and it looks amazing! I hope to get this car to where it is a real good builder,and pass the torch to someone who will build a really cool ride out of it. As I said the car would be a good restoration candidate, or modern restomod car with the numbers and rarity to back it up! Once I did it out and get the front suspension in it,I will start posting some pictures of my progress.

I got outside today and put the correct 71 skid plate k frame in the car. I have to find where I put the tortion bars and the disc brakes,spindles,and lower control arms. I know that I still have them, I just need to remember where I put them. It was a bit difficult to get the K frame in due to the location of the car, but I got it done!
20200328_135316.jpg
20200328_135257.jpg
20200328_135238.jpg
20200328_135226.jpg

Those pictures are not going to fly what's the car look like!!!! We need more pictures especially since we haven't been to car shows recently

Well,I went shopping in my garage loft,and came up with these parts. Since I can't go out shopping, I shop at home. I found a decent 71 Charger hidden headlight grille and bumper, the dual exhaust rear valence, a good front valence pan, the headlight motor and rod,and the rear bumper and R/T taillights.
20200328_165521.jpg
20200328_165531.jpg
20200328_170142.jpg
20200328_170426.jpg

I saw a photo of this very car back in the day,it was a fierce street brawler in the Hartford Connecticut area street racing scene. The car came with the hidden headlight grille and bumper from the factory. In the photo of the car, the Ramcharger hood had been swapped out for a flat hood with a big hole in it, and a huge tunnel ram dual quad carb setup was sticking through the hood! The car had big wide tires and mags on it too.

At least I didn't have to carry all those parts down from the loft by myself, George was there to lend a helping hand!
20191214_174554.jpg

my first mopar was a 1971 Dodge charger RT 440 magnum 4speed. I still miss that car...​

I got the red one from a member on here.and bought the gold one at Carlisle. They are pretty good pieces.

Well I got back to work on the 71 Charger R / T today. I got the nose assembly on the car. It was a good day! Since no one can go anywhere, or have any company, I spent the day with my Dodge! The car tested negative!
20200404_144611.jpg
20200404_144620.jpg
20200404_144631.jpg
20200404_144639.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back