• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starter Motor

Northeast300

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
I need a starter motor for my 300 so I am looking at RockAuto, has anyone used RockAuto and what are your experiences?

They offer 4 brands of starters, Pure Energy, AC Delco, BOSH (out of stock) and REMY. Which do you prefer or is there another one to look for? I am not a fan of the Duralast brand stuff from Autozone, NAPA would be a decent option I guess.

Thanks in advance

I buy from RA all the time. Quite happy with delivery times and service. I usually choose the middle of the range quality for most purchases.
Mike

Unless your **** about correctness, why not go to the boneyard and pick up a mini starter for it and save some coin?

Unless your **** about correctness, why not go to the boneyard and pick up a mini starter for it and save some coin?

I am not **** about correctness but also would rather not get a starter that may only last a week from a bone yard

I am not **** about correctness but also would rather not get a starter that may only last a week from a bone yard
FWIWAYI, I have 2 of them on different vehicles for the past 17+ years with no problems thank you. Do what you must. Good Luck

I've found some really new looking stuff at the bone yard and most still had the paper tag on them. A buddy found a newly rebuilt 360 complete with forged pistons in it. Just got to spend a bit of time and look at the stuff.

When it comes to mechanical or electrical stuff, I prefer to get new.....if it's non-mechanical such as a manifold or a fender, then yes, I will go to a bone yard!

When it comes to mechanical or electrical stuff, I prefer to get new..
Yeah, maybe. And a lot of times the **** you get new is worse then a used reliable junkyard part, and at a lower cost. Just sayin. Good Luck

I just priced a newly rebuilt one from NAPA...$60 plus tax......................MO

I have the mini starters in both my mopars for well over 10+ years. No problems and one of them sits 1/8" up against a header tube.

Auto Transport Service
Back