• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

station wagon gas cap?

RH62

Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
Ive seen a number of b body station wagons with some sort of flip top gas cap.
Was this a factory thing or is it there is another flip top gas cap that works on them really well?
I think the flip top gas caps would be easyer to find then a station wagon gas cap. Mine has a locking gas cap on it now and the key doesnt work... :head_smack: Im getting a locksmith to come over this week to remove it and make a key for my tailgate (i didnt get a key for the tailgate when i bought the car).
The station wagon gas caps seem like they are really rare. the only one i have found was a woodgrain pattern one and mine doesnt have the woodgrain option.

Never a flip top from the factory. They just look cool. The gas cap should be a simple thing. Tail gate should be the same as the glove box lock. I've collected a bunch of keys over the years for just such a need. Found one that worked the trunk of a 70 Cuda a friend bought years ago. HE was happy.

Take the wood grain off, and paint it when you paint your wagon.

at the time i saw the woodgrain one i didnt know they would be so hard to come by... it had like a woodgrain texture to it and was $60 so i didnt get it.
I wonder which flip top gas cap most people use for them and if it just bolts directly on or there is some modification that needs to be made.

Auto Transport Service
Back