• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stealing Home

"The only thing dumber than a pitcher is two pitchers."
Ted Williams

One does not witness ACTUAL BASEBALL very often.

A little modification, if I may. Thanks for this reminder of how exiting baseball used to be. Now, it's become a stat-ruled home run derby with strikeouts and overshifts. Watching baseball nowadays has become a cure for insomnia.

My last MLB game I went to was Thursday Night August 28, 2020. The METS at home (vs Marlins) placed a BLM shirt on the home plate after warm ups, they all walked off the field in protest and didn't play.
All that accomplished was loosing another lifelong fan.
Boo!

A little modification, if I may. Thanks for this reminder of how exiting baseball used to be. Now, it's become a stat-ruled home run derby with strikeouts and overshifts. Watching baseball nowadays has become a cure for insomnia.
I agree with that to a point. I still see some exciting baseball being played. Even though it's not as often as it once was it's still better than watching the football morons taking a knee and others doing the same in other sports. With that said, I DVR the games and scan them pretty much these days not to mention fast forward the freaking commercials. Just not enough time to do the things I have to do and watch that much baseball so probably missing some good plays but when I see a score show up, I'll back up and watch how the play went down.

Auto Transport Service
Back