• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Stealth heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoover

Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
Before i order a new pair, i figured i would see if anyone has a used set for sale.

Thanks
Hoover

Wouldn't recommend them

Yes built with cheap parts valve job is junk out of the box I'd get better stuff

I would buy some used edelbrocks or trick flows if they became available

Last time I checked the OP wasn't looking for recommendation
You are correct sir I retract my last statement the 440 source stealth heads are 100 percent the way to go good luck with your search OP

You are correct sir I retract my last statement the 440 source stealth heads are 100 percent the way to go good luck with your search OP
What do you recommend?
It is a 505 with a relatively mild cam.
It will have oem HP ex manifolds, and an early oem dual quad intake.
Just a fun street car. I don't intendcto spin it over 6000 rpm.

On the contrary. I like a little heathy debate on products. I’ve used one set on a customers car. I found the valve job sealed but I checked it with lapping job. I had to blend the bowl some but not much. My machine shop recommended that ALL aluminum heads be decked a little to make sure they are flat. These took .004 to clean up the middle. I changed springs to beehives and they were good to go. The biggest trouble I had was getting the valve cover to seal. They don’t have a very big hole for the oil to return. Of coarse I’ve got a stock head motor in the shop the shop that leaks like I forgot any gasket.

Unfortunately, I’ll get no feedback on the future of that engine build. The owner passed away about six months after I built the car. They ran good till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back