• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steel Core Dash Pad Help!

SPAULDO

Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a quality steel core dash pad for my 70 Bee. I have a nice looking repop that looks fine but the fit is a different story. No steel core, so pad tends to raise up on top of dash.

If Steve @3white74 could find out where his buddy got the one I bought from him I'd know the definitive answer, as it's the best one I've seen yet!

Better than ABC Moparts?
Haven't seen one of theirs, but I bought one from PG classics with GREAT grain.. and absolutely no correct details and returned it. Then I bought one from Legendary that had GREAT detail and absolutely ZERO grain (For $600!) and then returned it. I then bought the one Steve listed and it has both great detail and grain, that is about as close to OE as you could get. One small shaping discrepancy in a section above the glove box where someone carved off a bit too much foam, but in the installed orientation I don't think anyone would ever notice it.

Yea I remember collaborating with you on it when you bought it. I am to the point now of needing the pad for my 68 and torn which way to go. I was told to go to ABC Moparts, but I might see if Steve has the 68 pad still that he had.

Looks like I’m not alone on this quest. I looked at ABC Moparts and saw no listings for 70 Coronet. Legendary had one listed for $400 plus. No problem spending the money but the last thing I need is another TURD!

Auto Transport Service
Back