• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steel rim ID

SMack

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
Any easy way to ID 15x6 or 7” steel wheels? I found a junkyard with stacks of rims but not sure how to tell them apart. Thanks in advance

Tape measure between the beads.

Thanks 5.7. So is it safe to say that if they measure bead to bead and have a 5x4-1/2” hole patter they’re going to work. Taking backspace into consideration as well. ?

Without actually seeing and measuring myself, I’d say yes.

The diameter and width are usually stamped on the barrel portion of the wheel.

thanks Mcodecuda. Would be nice if there was a Pentastar stamped on there somewhere!!

thanks Mcodecuda. Would be nice if there was a Pentastar stamped on there somewhere!!
Watch out for Ford wheels. They had the same bolt pattern, but the center hole is slightly smaller than the Mopar hub. It will cause the wheel to not seat properly and the lugs will loosen. I learned this the hard way many years ago. Almost lost a wheel on my 65 Coronet....

Any easy way to ID 15x6 or 7” steel wheels? I found a junkyard with stacks of rims but not sure how to tell them apart. Thanks in advance
If you find any that are SURPRISINGLY heavy, then they are probably Dodge/Plymouth cop car wheels.

Watch out for Ford wheels. They had the same bolt pattern, but the center hole is slightly smaller than the Mopar hub. It will cause the wheel to not seat properly and the lugs will loosen. I learned this the hard way many years ago. Almost lost a wheel on my 65 Coronet....

Thanks BBDad. All good info. I appreciate you guys and all the help. This site is priceless.

Auto Transport Service
Back