• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steel Wheel Decoding

Larry4261

Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
Trying to determine the year and application for a set of 14 x 5 1/2 inch steel wheels. There is a number 5 stamped on each side of the valve stem hole which I believe indicates its a 5 1/2 wide wheel. The stamped coding on the inside of the wheel has 2 lines of information.
The first line says 14 x 5 1/2 JK Electrofuse (followed by a symbol).
The 2nd line has the number 830 (followed by a symbol) MADE IN USA (followed by a symbol). There are no additional markings on the wheels.
Please see attached photos.
Thanks in advance for any help identifying these wheels.

DSCN2273[1].JPG

DSCN2275[1].JPG

DSCN2279[1].JPG

DSCN2280[1].JPG

DSCN2282[1].JPG

DSCN2270[1].JPG

I have a set of wheels with the same exact marking. I purchased on line to put on my 69 Road Runner. Have you found any info on what these originally came one? I'm curios as well...

I have a set of wheels with the same exact marking. I purchased on line to put on my 69 Road Runner. Have you found any info on what these originally came one? I'm curios as well...
In my search to identify these wheels I had one guy who used to restore these wheels and sell them respond to me. Below is his response to my inquiry. I also added a photo that he sent me. Just curious, how much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking. Let me know if you have any other information you can share as well. Thanks. Larry
Larry, looks like a 68-9 wheel to me. Check this out. They are kind of hard to find if you have something like a 69 Roadrunner or Coronet & the car came equipped with the 14x5.5". See attached photo from my website. These were made in the USA & Canada plant by either Motor Wheel or Kelsey-Hayes. To the right guy, they would be worth maybe $500-600.00 for a set of 4. They have to be straight though. Best way to check is take them to a tire shop & put them on the balance machine & spin them & just watch them. They will never look perfect because they are stamped & welded, but if they are bent, you will be able to tell.
l=http%3A%2F%2Fclassicchambered.com%2Frims%2F14X55.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back