• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering column disassembly

moparmaniac10

Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
i am trying to figure out to get the inner tube out of the steering column. I see a metal ring inside but I can’t get it to budge. What is the best way to remove it without doing any damage? It’s out of a 67 satellite.

0E38C108-6BEB-45AF-BD1B-E8D9E201C059.jpeg

beerestoration2018 1395.JPG
It comes out the bottom after removing the two bolts holding the lower bearing. At least on a 69 it does..

Why do you need to remove it? Are you doing a high-end factory stock restoration? When I went from manual to power steering, I just swapped the shafts, put in new bearings & greased it up.

I want to know cause when I restore a car, I do the whole thing. I don’t halfass anything when it comes to these cars. I didn’t cut corners when I restored my 71 challenger or my 70 duster, so I won’t on this one either. Not that it’s anyone business on why I want to pull this thing apart, cause I only asked how. Sorry if I seem to go off on a rant, I’m just tired of people on the internet who can’t just answer a simple question.

Auto Transport Service
Back