• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Column

Collison73

Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I am new to the forum. I just bought a 73 Charger Project Car and I'm tying to get into the steering column to fix a wiring issue. How do I go about getting to the turn signal and ignition switch in the column?

Gotta pull the steering wheel off. They are under there.

Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! I would recommend a factory service manual young man. Great to see a young person interested in these classics! 440'

I got the steering wheel off, but the part that that it attaches to is still in there and I can’t figure out how to get it off.

There should be a couple screws that hold the turn signal switch on. Take your time looking it over.

As said above, a factory service manual is a HUGE help.

Here's pics from my 71 FSM.
20210422_223650.jpg
20210422_223700.jpg
20210422_223712.jpg
20210422_223723.jpg
20210422_223733.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Great info here on this site and a lotta help available, my recommendation, if this is your first Mopar as said, go slow and take phone pics for reference, they can really come in handy after a nights rest ! Possibly look for a snap ring around the shaft after steering wheel removal!

Auto Transport Service
Back