• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Coupler Install

dodge68charger

Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
Im Going To Install The Steering Coupler On My 68 Charger. Anything I Should Know About Positioning Of The Splines on Where The Steering Wheel Bolts On(Car Does Not Have One)..

I Do Not Want To Install it and The Steering Wheel Be 180 Degrees Off. Thanks

The splines on the steering box has a notch it goes up and the steering shaft for the wheel has a notch that also goes up. So look inside the coupler it has a key that matches the notch on the steering box shaft line it up with the notch on the steering shaft and it will be right.

Thank You.. I Took The Coupler Right Off To Rebuild It and Put New Grease In It. Can That Go On Any Which Way. No Specific Markings To Look For. Thanks

also near the bottom of the shaft there is a small hole in the side which lines up with the spline on top.on the bottom of the coupler is a notch.line it up with the hole and done.or what beekeeper said.

Pay attention to the inserts' orientation inside the coupler when you disassemble it if you are rebuilding it. It is possible to reinsert them incorrectly and have slop in the column.

Got It All Lined Up.. Packed The Coupler Full of Grease. Just wondering How Far The Steering Shaft is Supposed To Go Down into The Housing. Is It Supposed To Bottom Out?

Also Does Anyone Sell The Retaining Clips For The Top On Here Which Tends To Pop Off. I Do not Have an Ebay Account
Thanks.

If no one on here has one just do a google search. There are a several reputable retailers that sell them and will take a CC order over the phone.

Auto Transport Service
Back