Steering parts inquiry.

Performance Suspension Technology

1. aeon280

aeon280 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    2:41 PM
    I am rebuilding my front end at the moment and was going to purchase kit stlkmopfr for my 67 coronet. I also want a borgeson steering box. 2 questions. Does the kit stlkmopfr have large or small sector pitman arm? Also why is your price on the bogeson power steering box $300 more than any other retailer? Is it the complete conversion kit or just the steering box? I only need the box as i already have power steering. Hopefully another member or pst rep can answer this as i was unable to get a clear answer when i called the sales department.

2. furyus

furyus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:41 PM
    I'm in the final stages of installing a borgeson box in my 64 Sport Fury. Don't have answers to your other questions, but the borgeson box needs a coupler that mates the box to the stock steering shaft. I bought my kit from Bergman. Has everything included. My 64 has the 1 1/8 pitman. I ordered a kit for a 69 Coronet. That's what the original ps box came from. So it was also a 1 1/8 pitman. Contact Bergman for more info.

3. aeon280

aeon280 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    2:41 PM
    Thanks for the info on the box. I am going with an ididit steering column so will not be using the bergman adapter. I need a 1dd to borgesson piece instead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.