STEERING WHEEL REMOVAL

1964 b body

Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
OK CANNOT GET MY STEERING WHEEL OFF MY 64 SAVOY WHATS THE TRICK? DOES NOT SEEM TO PUSH IN AND THEN TURN TO LEFT TO REMOVE.

Big Bad Dad

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
"Push in and turn left" to remove the steering wheel? What could POSSIBLY go wrong????

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
He's probably referring to the horn ring. I'm having the same issue with my '65. Really don't want to force it. I'm listening ?

gdrill

Just enjoying "B"-ing here
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Stuck in the past, just North of Montana....
My 66 was tough the other day. I went and looked at a spare. I was not trying hard enough. It came off after that. Yes push and turn.
I can get pics of the internals tomorrow if wanted.

1964 b body

Local time
Reaction score
Yes I mean the center horn button so that I can remove the wheel. Just do not want to break it and it is really stuck on. Thanks

blue69runner

Local time
Reaction score
:BangHead: Some thing's that are suppose to be simple turn out to be a night mare. Good luck. JB Blaster work's wonders.

1964 b body

Local time
Reaction score
I thought about WD but was not quite sure if that would work. Thanks bluerunner.

blue69runner

Local time
Reaction score
If their is not plastic a round the area. Steel you wife's hair dryer and slightly heat it up. I have use the heat gun on a lot of parts that did not require a lot of heat and it worked fine with JB blaster applied. Just thinking. Wish you luck don't give up the ship. LOL.

1964 b body

Local time
Reaction score
Hey Guys just a update on the steering wheel removal. Sorry to say that some of the advice turned out wrong. The 64 Savoy wheel does not push in and turn to the left to remove the horn button. Finally found out too late and realized that the center button comes off by gently prying it off (it is held on by a o-ring) and thrn exposing the screws under it. You guessed it I broke the plastic retainer and now in bad need of a good used one. So If anyone has one or knows any one who might please let me know. Thanks

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
My '65 Coronet may be the same. 2dr Post car, no frills. I havn't budged it. Thanks !

kiwigtx

Henchman #4
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys just a update on the steering wheel removal. Sorry to say that some of the advice turned out wrong. The 64 Savoy wheel does not push in and turn to the left to remove the horn button. Finally found out too late and realized that the center button comes off by gently prying it off (it is held on by a o-ring) and thrn exposing the screws under it. You guessed it I broke the plastic retainer and now in bad need of a good used one. So If anyone has one or knows any one who might please let me know. Thanks
The horn button on my A100 is the same....an 'O' ring and press fit....that's all.

JPrusinows

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
I found this out the hard way as well. Shop Manual says push in and turn left! Broke it to pieces. Not sure about 65 haven’t had to take it off yet fortunately. Damn things are hard to find too! Any info on 65’s appreciated!