• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering wheel splines

bobs63wagon

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
Mine is a 63 Ply and I believe the spline on the steering wheel is 36. Was wondering, let's say a 69 B body. Would they still have used a 36 spline on the steering wheel?

I would say yes. I used a 67 wheel on a 63 and a 69 wheel on a 65. Aftermarket wheel kits have no master spline but fit well into the 70's. I have a aftermarket wheel (Grant) that was on a 1970 on my 63 now. Also put a 73 wheel on a 64 Dart.

I would say yes. I used a 67 wheel on a 63 and a 69 wheel on a 65. Aftermarket wheel kits have no master spline but fit well into the 70's. I have a aftermarket wheel (Grant) that was on a 1970 on my 63 now. Also put a 73 wheel on a 64 Dart.
Thanks for the info. Call me stupid but ordered a Grant 3021 quick release from Summit. Tried that last May but always extended the backorder. Finally gave up in August and cancelled. Try again now, they say in January. Will see. NRG has a hub and quick release and am waiting their reply as to how many splines. They are twice the price as Grant though. Want to put a quick release on to make it easier entry because of the cage. Old man needs more room to get in.

Yep, i'm 6'3" and my itty-bitty car has a swing-out bar and a removable wheel. I'm away from the car or i would post a pic.

Auto Transport Service
Back