• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stiffening plates

bearman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
I tried to buy a set of plates for my b body. You returned my cash which I thank you. But I long should I wait before you have some. I want to help even though it is little to help you as you support our hobby. Please let me know when you think you will have some ready.

Wut.jpg

Make them yourself. Get some 14 gauge sheet metal and a grinder. For about $20 you can make your own.

I tried to buy a set of plates for my b body. You returned my cash which I thank you. But I long should I wait before you have some. I want to help even though it is little to help you as you support our hobby. Please let me know when you think you will have some ready.
Did you call them and ask them these questions?

You might get brain damage from working on your car, I don't.
If something is unavailable and I can make it myself, I don't wait around.

You might get brain damage from working on your car, I don't.
If something is unavailable and I can make it myself, I don't wait around.
Sorry Boss, spending the time to fabricate a part that is very simple and is relatively easy to obtain is not what I call working on my car. Welding them on is another story.
******* supply chain horseshit is causing more problems than any of us ever imagined.

.....Hence my tendency to be self reliant.

I thank you will order tomorrow

Apparently some people have more money than sense. Absolutely nothing wrong with making your own stuff. I actually pride myself in making what I need when I need it. I guess some people just shop their way out of situations.. Probably the same people that take their car to a mechanic to get a hose replaced.

Thanks.
I'll keep you on speed dial for when armageddon comes and I need a set of LCA stiffening plates over night.
No matter what, I'll be the guy that makes what I need while other guys sit around and wait.

In a similar vein, I fixed up my wheelbarrow. The main arms were rusted through. Bought the steel and some new bolts. Painted them up, drilled the holes and swapped everything over. $35 in materials. Will last 20 years now. Very satisfying.
Most people just throw away and pay $200 for a new one. It's one of the reasons the world is so screwed up.
20220204_155936.jpg
20220206_182342.jpg

Its funny you could make them in less than an hour or even faster with a plasma cutter... Or just wait for Fedex to ship them all the while complaining on how long its taking them to arrive.

Wow this is pretty good I was just asking when they would have more. It's not that I can't make them or go someplace else. The plates I'm not in a big hurry about as I'm doing body work. My kid wanted to get involved so I told her to find them and then we could move onto something else. But thanks for all the input I'll flip a coin on which way I'll go with the plates.

Auto Transport Service
Back