• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock Car, I don't think so.

They screwed up and mixed in the wrong photos. The underbody is a GM from the late 50s/early 60s. They called it the X frame.

I didn't think the 361 came from the factory with HP exhaust manifolds.

THe engine is turquoise from the top and Orange from the underbody pictures.....

I didn't think the 361 came from the factory with HP exhaust manifolds.
Correct, the 383 didn't come with them either. Not in 66.
Still a pretty nice Satellite, the interior looks real nice very complete. Better than mine.
Slight exhaust leak.

IMG_20190511_resized.jpg

I had to call them to find out. After discussing the issue they agreed that there is probably a couple of pictures of the wrong car. I don't know if Ford had a X frame car but the round bell housing, the position of the drain plug on the transmission and the oil filter on the passenger's front of engine sure looks like Ford. Any other opinions? They told me they would let me know when they found out. They did verify the existence of torsion bars and leaf springs on the actual car.

Well, it has a Turbo 400 trans and a passenger side starter. How many Fords had those two traits? Chevys did.

Well, it has a Turbo 400 trans and a passenger side starter. How many Fords had those two traits? Chevys did.
I'm a Mopar guy, anyone can fool me on other brands, thanks for your input. Also I'm not always correct on Mopars, but have been associating with them for 55 years.

I may not know Mopar, but, I've spent a lot of time under GM's, yes that is a Chevy frame and yes that is a 400 turbo.

Ended at $12k...reckon it didn't sell?
Nice driver car.

Auto Transport Service
Back