• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Story of the "BLACK GHOST"

post #37 are you talking about lisk's car mike fons did that car steve worked for fons the first time steve and joe raced joe beat him steve took the car back to fons and they went thur the car bumber to bumber steve ran joe 3 more times and never lost

Last edited:
I remember reading an article about Dick Landy's shop building the chassis for that car. Dick said this kid Steve brought his Challenger in to my shop,and said I want the chassis built just like your pro stock Challenger was,and Dick said his shop did the chassis work on the car. This work might have been done before Mike Fons went through the car again to make it faster.

Last edited:
His dad's actual words were "Don't give it away". You could take that as "Get yourself a good chunk of change for it if you have to sell it."

This video is two years old. Looks like the old Hemi needs a set of rings...

Ah ok. Well should be a good chunk of change.

Lol, now that they've run the motor I'm guessing rings and an overbore.

His dad's actual words were "Don't give it away". You could take that as "Get yourself a good chunk of change for it if you have to sell it."

This video is two years old. Looks like the old Hemi needs a set of rings...

Rings? Or springs? :rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back