• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Classification

StreetWedge65

Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
I've been going to cruise/shows for 50+ years and this is a first. I went to a show this past weekend that's been going on for ten years. They had several classes, all listed as "Classics". First was 1950-1965. Second was 1966-1983 and another 1984-1998. I realize I'm old school, but when I think of a classic, I think of 40's, 50's and 60's. I'm certainly no trophy hound. And could care less about winning anything. The thrill of driving and visiting with other enthusiasts or showing for a worthy cause is the real prise. Even though I placed 2nd with my Belvedere, seemed strange competing against Tri-Fives, 63' split windows, and even trucks. All was good. Good people, good weather and excellent food. Even though at the trophy presentation the show supervisor called my car a 1965 Plymouth Belvedere Belair!!!!!!!!!! Now that was an insult.

20181020_121026.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I saw him judging was the chili (chili, beer, beer, chili, beer) cook off. He did look a little blue around the gills.

What happened to the 60s CLASS Muscle car grouping?

#1 in my Book dude
Most shows are grouped 60's muscle, original or modified. Some shows break it down further into Mopar, Ford, Chevy, etc. Same with 50's and 70's. Trucks are pretty common in this area, so they have classes specifically for them. Just seemed strange being lumped in with every vehicle built in a 15 year period.

Auto Transport Service
Back