• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange S60

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
Any of you guys purchased a complete Strange S60 from Dr. Diff or directly from Strange for your B-body? Thinking about getting one for my Bee project that will have 550-600 hp. Did you go with the standard Trac-lock or upgrade to Truetrac or Detroit locker? Were the gears set up nice with no noise?

Pettybludart on FABO put one in his 66 Dart years ago with a healthy 408 stroker. He has been racing ever since without issues. Car runs 10.80's all day long.

25659581_10156765734774918_1881386008025261929_n.jpg

Last edited:
I don't own one of their rear ends, but they've done work for me and I've been in their shop. They're sharp, the shop is clean & they seem to know what they're doing.

Dr diff recommended the s trac for me, lifetime warranty. Dr diff made the process very easy.

4D21C83D-B54D-43F6-A5A9-5CECFAEE11F8.jpeg

Whatever you do, stay away from the Trac-Lock......especially if it's anything like the later model stock one that Chrysler had. Now if it was the Power Lock, that's a different story as it's a dang good unit.

Helical gear Set up, no clutches, springs etc. Lifetime warranty.

Last I talked to Cass a couple of years ago, he was about to get something into production for 8 3/4's that sounded just like that setup. Any gear noise or whine in yours?

Last I talked to Cass a couple of years ago, he was about to get something into production for 8 3/4's that sounded just like that setup. Any gear noise or whine in yours?
Hasn’t been on the road but everything I’ve read on forums websites etc everyone loves it. Mine will be put to the test for sure launching off a transbrake and I’m not worried about it.

I too bought the S-Trac but now deciding on which gears are quiet running for the street? Are Motive good? or USA gears?

I bought a S60 last Black Friday sale 10% off with free shipping. I went through Cass, saved even more, best decision I bought for my Charger. I got the S Trac, with 3.55 gears, and shortened. Just installed Strange’s driveshaft last weekend.

If you’re not in a hurry, wait for Black Friday.

Any of you guys purchased a complete Strange S60 from Dr. Diff or directly from Strange for your B-body? Thinking about getting one for my Bee project that will have 550-600 hp. Did you go with the standard Trac-lock or upgrade to Truetrac or Detroit locker? Were the gears set up nice with no noise?

Cass put together a S60 for me with the S Trac differential, 3.23 gears and disc brakes. I put it under my '65 Coronet last summer and it worked great. At your power level Cass will tell you to go with the S Trac. If you have a big stroker engine you might want the 3.23 gears since the RPM range of the engine will be lower but it all depends on what else you have going on with the transmission, cam and tire size.
DSC_2949 (Large).JPG

Interesting Andy, i had heard that Cass was developing 3.23 gears for a dana, but i haven't heard any news or reports of production. Are they now generally available, and will they work in an original dana or only in a strange?

Cass put together a S60 for me with the S Trac differential, 3.23 gears and disc brakes. I put it under my '65 Coronet last summer and it worked great. At your power level Cass will tell you to go with the S Trac. If you have a big stroker engine you might want the 3.23 gears since the RPM range of the engine will be lower but it all depends on what else you have going on with the transmission, cam and tire size.
View attachment 811663
Dang, that's a pretty piece!

I also have a S60 from Cass under my Duster. The Duster S60 has 4.56 gears and a Detroit Locker differential. It also has Ford Motorsports disc brakes.
DSC_1741 (Large).JPG

@andyf did you make that attachment for your jack to hold the S60 or buy it? I need one.

I made it. It works great. A Dana 60 doesn't really balance on a floor jack very well so if you're working alone you need something safer. I like using the transmission jack since it has tilt and roll and it can be moved sideways.

Since last fall/winter I have been trying to decide between rebuilding my 8 3/4 or getting a Strange from Cass. With a new center chunk and stronger axles, I would have over $1800. in the 8 3/4 plus time stripping and painting (which I have already done now). Around $2500 would get me a complete Dana. Only problem was that I had pretty much settled on wanting 3.23's and back then nothing higher than 3.55's were available. Just happened to click through the options on Cass' site again yesterday and low and behold 3.23's are listed as an option. I am going with short 295/50/15 tires and a factory 4-speed. Brian at IMM has talked me into going with a 499 instead of the 470 I originally wanted along with TrickFlow 240's.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back