• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Street wedge air cleaner repop

Steve009

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
anybody know if there is a company that repops the 426 street wedge air cleaner from 1964 like in the pic beLow? Interested in one but can see myself paying crazy money for a original one.

IMG_0131.JPG
does

lose the nipple for an accurate repo.

It's definitely a good idea. I'm not quite sure how he gets $150 total. Chroming in my nearest shop would be way more then that but it sure looks identical to me!
$125 is what my chrome shop charged (Austin, TX). There was no repair to the air cleaner and all they had to do was sandblast and chrome. I spent $25 to buy the lid at a local swap meet.

IMG_5660a.JPG

In this pic it looks a little high, but that's because I'm using a high rise maniflold. If you go with a '70 Mustang 429 air filter element it sits down an inch and a half when compared to the stock street wedge air cleaner element. Below is a pic with the Ford element.... also with stock street wedge exhaust manifolds instead of el-cheapo headers.

IMG_5683.JPG

Last edited:
lose the nipple for an accurate repo.
$125 is what my chrome shop charged (Austin, TX). There was no repair to the air cleaner and all they had to do was sandblast and chrome. I spent $25 to buy the lid at a local swap meet.

IMG_5660a.JPG

In this pic it looks a little high, but that's because I'm using a high rise maniflold. If you go with a '70 Mustang 429 air filter element it sits down an inch and a half when compared to the stock street wedge air cleaner element. Below is a pic with the Ford element.... also with stock street wedge exhaust manifolds instead of el-cheapo headers.

IMG_5683.JPG

That really turned out nice! My closest chrome shop would be in Montreal, Canada and that's an easy $300 chrome job up here. I'm speaking with a guy who has one with a snorkel right now. If I can get it cheap enough I may go your route. Not sure if I could do as nice a weld and finish job as you but I'll give it a shot!

Auto Transport Service
Back