• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stroker parts. Company???

raymond73

Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
Hi i live in norway and need to find a good Company to buy a stroker kit from w/custom blower pistons. I like molnar crank and rods but are open for info and pistons??? I have used Diamond before and think they are Nice. Ps: 440 rb
Please give me some info some Company to buy from.
Thanks

It may be a few extra $$ up front for Pistons maybe ? But for a 2618 Alloy 440 Blower Piston I would contact RaceTec, and talk to Tim about them ?
http://racetecpistons.com/
We've started ordering Race Tec of late... REALLY Nice Stuff !

We use Diamond as well, but not real happy with their cross grinding of late ? Pin Bores especially ! and IMO customer service seems lacking at Diamond of late ?

Molnar is good stuff, maybe ask if they can supply with an extra 1/4" keyway on the Crank Snout 180* from the stock keyway as insurnace turning the Blower ?

It may be a few extra $$ up front for Pistons maybe ? But for a 2618 Alloy 440 Blower Piston I would contact RaceTec, and talk to Tim about them ?
http://racetecpistons.com/
We've started ordering Race Tec of late... REALLY Nice Stuff !

We use Diamond as well, but not real happy with their cross grinding of late ? Pin Bores especially ! and IMO customer service seems lacking at Diamond of late ?

Molnar is good stuff, maybe ask if they can supply with an extra 1/4" keyway on the Crank Snout 180* from the stock keyway as insurnace turning the Blower ?
Thanks i will look at race tec.
I am looking for a Company that have Nice customer support and can deliver molnar crank/rods and custom pistons w/ a good balance Job done. So i dont need a machine Job here. Just check Bearing and file fit rings....
Thanks

I am looking for a Company that have Nice customer support and can deliver molnar crank/rods and custom pistons w/ a good balance Job done. So i dont need a machine Job here. Just check Bearing and file fit rings....
Thanks

OK gotcha, so you need a Shop that can supply and do:
* ReSizing the Rods so that "setting/fitting" of the Bearing Clearances to the Crank is all done (Brgs Numbered to their Rods, Rods to the journals if any variance)
* Pin-Fitting the Rods
* Pin-Fitting the Pistons
* Balance the entire Rotating/Reciprocating Assemblies properly, not the "throw a dart" balance job.
You will still need the Blower Hub/Timing Gear/Oil Slinger and Flexplate/Flywheel for that..... which while they are at it they should
* Cut/machine the Crank Snout and Blower Hub/Balancer for the added 1/4" Keyway 180* over from the factory 1/8" keyway.
Supply the above Balanced "ready for assembly":
Crank, Main Bearings, Con Rods, Rod Brgs, Custom Blower Pistons/Pins, Rings, Flexplate or Flywheel, Blower Hub/Balancer

Wherein, you will still need to get Machining done, as in the following:
* Line Honing the Block with Main Studs/Setting Main Bearing Clrcs. to the Crank ?
* Boring & Honing to fit Piston to wall Clrc ? Anybody got a Torque Plate for a BB Mopar Block where you are ?

Maybe try Tim Banning over at FHO (For Hemi's Only) in Bewdley Ontario Canada, dunno if he's got any time for 440 Wedge's these days but worth a Shot ?
or,
Best Machine Racing Engines in Michigan ?

Raymond- I am one of the lead piston Sales guys @ CP-CARRILLO (CP pistons & Carrillo rods). Molnar Technologies is a major wholesaler for us and we supply custom pistons with their rotating assemblies all the time. Blower pistons for your bb wedge engine will be no problem! Please contact Tom Molnar or the other sales staff there and mention that I (Mike) spoke to you on the here.

Thanks

Raymond- I am one of the lead piston Sales guys @ CP-CARRILLO (CP pistons & Carrillo rods). Molnar Technologies is a major wholesaler for us and we supply custom pistons with their rotating assemblies all the time. Blower pistons for your bb wedge engine will be no problem! Please contact Tom Molnar or the other sales staff there and mention that I (Mike) spoke to you on the here.
Thanks i will give him a call. Molnar has Nice parts and Nice price.
Rsy

Hi and Thanks
Can you tell me about safe comp hight? My deck height is 10.696 and if i use a crank that have 4.250 stroke and i can use 7.670 rod length or 8.670.
Whitch rod would you use to make a good stable piston that i can put about 15 psi boost on? My heads are 240 trickflow w/76cc and My gasket size is 4.350 and 0.040 so i was thinking 8:1cr on this.
Ray

With your tall deck, you could possibly even go with the 7.100" rod length and say .010" piston to deck clearance. This would yield a 1.461" compression distance. Plenty safe and room for the dish. With aluminum heads and the right size cam (on gas), anywhere from 8.5-9.5:1 will be safe.
Mike @ CP-CARRILLO
Hi and Thanks
Can you tell me about safe comp hight? My deck height is 10.696 and if i use a crank that have 4.250 stroke and i can use 7.670 rod length or 8.670.
Whitch rod would you use to make a good stable piston that i can put about 15 psi boost on? My heads are 240 trickflow w/76cc and My gasket size is 4.350 and 0.040 so i was thinking 8:1cr on this.
Ray

With your tall deck, you could possibly even go with the 7.100" rod length and say .010" piston to deck clearance. This would yield a 1.461" compression distance. Plenty safe and room for the dish. With aluminum heads and the right size cam (on gas), anywhere from 8.5-9.5:1 will be safe.
Mike @ CP-CARRILLO
I was thinking about pump gas 93. What about coating? And rings. Other says i need tool steel pins and steel TOP ring.
And i think i will get a New CAM for it.
I have a hyd roller now 230/236@50 550lift. And this is a bit small?

For 93 Oct gas & 15 psi, 8.5-9.0 compression would be good. I don't recommend any coatings unless using E85, methonal or high boost race engine. Tool steel pins also not needed beyond 1,300 hp as we offer .220" wall chromoly pins that would be just fine. Steel top rings I agree to use.

[raymond73, post: 911302730, member: 22069"]I was thinking about pump gas 93. What about coating? And rings. Other says i need tool steel pins and steel TOP ring.
I have a hyd roller now 230/236@50 550lift. And this is a bit small?[/QUOTE]

For 93 Oct gas & 15 psi, 8.5-9.0 compression would be good. I don't recommend any coatings unless using E85, methonal or high boost race engine. Tool steel pins also not needed beyond 1,300 hp as we offer .220" wall chromoly pins that would be just fine. Steel top rings I agree to use.

[raymond73, post: 911302730, member: 22069"]I was thinking about pump gas 93. What about coating? And rings. Other says i need tool steel pins and steel TOP ring.
I have a hyd roller now 230/236@50 550lift. And this is a bit small?
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for super info i have sendt a mail to tom molnar and ask about a complete stroker kit and pistons from you. But now i have to put My self to bed. Its 03:20 here in norway now. But i Will let you know about what he says.
Ray

I sendt molnar technologies a mail last night. Mabye its best to contact they on Facebook?

Auto Transport Service
Back