• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strong bidding for a 68 Charger?

You might want to check those bids. :) There's only one legitimate bid for $8k. The other 19 are all bids being placed by the same bidder who has a feedback score of 0. Those are big time red flags for fake bids.

Must be being bid up by the owner. Not sure why you would do that when there's only one other bid.

Smuck! You'd think that he'd at least keep it realistic or wait on counter bids? I had someone offer me $38,000 for mine just the other day!

You might want to check those bids. :) There's only one legitimate bid for $8k. The other 19 are all bids being placed by the same bidder who has a feedback score of 0. Those are big time red flags for fake bids.

Yeah, I didn't check that out. Looks like a legit $8100. bid and then a smoke show.

Looks like all the major stuff is there. If it were 10 grand, I'd be a player.

I saw that yesterday and was surprised, then looked at bid history. As previously stated BS bids!

I reported this to E-bag...
They have a spot for fraudulent acts such as intentional bidding up of your own items, or friends, family members, etc participating in bidding up practices.

That car is almost in my back yard and in fact is in my cousin's back yard. I'm not interested for that price but would be nice to make a personal inspection. Curious why it has a spread bore Holley as opposed to a square bore.

Curious why it has a spread bore Holley as opposed to a square bore.

Direct Holley Replacement for a Thermoquad ??
my best guess, decent carbs for cruising/somewhat better mileage...LOL

Direct Holley Replacement for a Thermoquad ??
my best guess, decent carbs for cruising/somewhat better mileage...LOL

Yep, but I find it strange why the spread bore intake is on the 68 440. But then again 40+ yrs is plenty of time to mess with stuff!

This guy must be a real piece of work. I guess the bidding process will let the same bidder keep increasing, I find that strange also.

This guy must be a real piece of work. I guess the bidding process will let the same bidder keep increasing, I find that strange also.

i did too,but i quit epay last year,after too many deadbeat bidders,being let off the hook by epay.
i imagine the seller of that car is a bit frustrated too,
personally all my auctions i learned to set a zero hero bar against.
still,i cant understand how the shill did that,unless bidder number 1 set his Top bid at 29ish k << ??
if so,then they are both in on it....and how is there 2 30k bids..at diff times?
by the Same bidder?

I gotta say that the title has all the key words to snag attention....

1968 Dodge Charger R/T
Barn Find- Unrestored Numbers Matching - Genuine 68 Charger R/T

That car must really be something special as it has doubled in price to 60K now.

That car must really be something special as it has doubled in price to 60K now.

d***r( 5 ) Cancelled: US $60,000.00
Bid: Aug-06-15 23:00:27 PDT
Cancelled: Aug-07-15 03:40:43 PDT
Member Id: g***0( 0 ) New eBay Member (less than 30 days) Cancelled: US $100,000.00
Bid: Aug-04-15 13:29:17 PDT
Cancelled: Aug-07-15 02:54:46 PDT

Back down to 8 grand now. Like I said, I'd be a player for 10 grand if it was within driving distance but not 3,000 miles away.

Unless I could actually see the car or have someone I trust see it, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole! If the seller could possibly pull the shenanigans that have been on fleabay, they could do anything to scam..

Now, it's possible there was just a crazy bidder out there and the seller had nothing to do with it. But........??

Auto Transport Service
Back