• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strut Rod Question

plymouthman72

Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
I am rebuilding the front suspension on my roadrunner and bought new a whole new bushing kit for the car. My new set did not come with the metal insert for for the strut rod bushings, just the bushings themselves. Do I need those inserts or is the poly bushings not meant to be used with them? My old ones were mangled up so I can not use them and plan to run up to summit for a new set if I do need them. Thanks for the help guys!

Don't forget to use a lot of lube if you are going with all poly. bushings. I would recommend using the OE rubber lower CA bushings. The ride better and won't make noise.

Don't forget to use a lot of lube if you are going with all poly. bushings. I would recommend using the OE rubber lower CA bushings. The ride better and won't make noise.

I ended up buying qa1 lower and upper control arms so I am using what came with them. I will make sure they are lubed up though so they don't squeak. Thanks for the advice!

Auto Transport Service
Back