• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sub-frame connectors

66/440

Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
I am looking at sub-frame connectors for my '62 Savoy and was wondering if there were any recommendations. I have uses US CarTool's connectors on my '66 Coronet but understand that I may need something different for the '62 Savoy.

Thanks
Glenn

I am looking at sub-frame connectors for my '62 Savoy and was wondering if there were any recommendations. I have uses US CarTool's connectors on my '66 Coronet but understand that I may need something different for the '62 Savoy.

Thanks
Glenn

I used uscartool connectors on my 64 and fit nicely.

My 62 savoy has homemade connectors, because i had access to steel tubing at work. Mine are done poorly, too small tubing and not tied to the floor. Only saving grace,they are tied in four places to the rollbar. If they are available from uscartool , i'd go that way if i had the chance to do mine over. Is your savoy a two or four door? Wheelbase differences might complicate finding right parts.

My 62 savoy has homemade connectors, because i had access to steel tubing at work. Mine are done poorly, too small tubing and not tied to the floor. Only saving grace,they are tied in four places to the rollbar. If they are available from uscartool , i'd go that way if i had the chance to do mine over. Is your savoy a two or four door? Wheelbase differences might complicate finding right parts.
My Savoy is a 4 door but the wheel base is the same as a 2 Door. In fact I am just starting a 4 dr to 2 dr conversion.

Do you know if wagons had the same wheelbase? I've got my eye on a 62 wagon two blocks from an ex-girlfreinds house. Two minutes after a for sale sign goes up ,it will be on it's way to my house.

Do you know if wagons had the same wheelbase? I've got my eye on a 62 wagon two blocks from an ex-girlfreinds house. Two minutes after a for sale sign goes up ,it will be on it's way to my house.
I believe that all '62 Plymouth's had the same wheelbase, 116".

Thanks
Glenn
They list 62 to 65 sub frame connectors. To confuse things they list 63/64 sfconttectors?
62 to 65 for short wheel cars, 63 and 64 long base cars ??

http://store.uscartool.com/62-65-b-body-frame-connectors.html

http://store.uscartool.com/dodge-b-body-frame-connectors.html

They list 62 to 65 sub frame connectors. To confuse things they list 63/64 sfconttectors?
62 to 65 for short wheel cars, 63 and 64 long base cars ??

http://store.uscartool.com/62-65-b-body-frame-connectors.html

http://store.uscartool.com/dodge-b-body-frame-connectors.html
Don't know, maybe different braces on the bottom of the pan?
I thought all '62 -'64 cars had a 116" wheel base even though they state a long and short wheel base. Maybe a station wagon vs 2/4 door?

OK, I just spoke to USCT and they tell me that the floor pans on the '63 & '64 Dodges are different from '63 & '64 Plymouth's. So their listing for the 63 & 64 Connectors part number USCT1M1111 are specific to Dodges only. Everything else is the same even the 62 Dodge and Plymouth's are the same. So the correct part is their USCT1M1107 for 62 - 65 B bodies with the exception of 63 &64 Dodge products.

63/64 Dodge is 119 wheelbase. All others are 116 unless the axle is moved forward on some S/S cars, then 115
Doug

Home made, 2x3 welded in through the floor. Cheap and very effective.

Nice i can do cheap and weld so all i got to is just do it may have a couple more questions later about later thank you

Auto Transport Service
Back