• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submarines

Tony Tee

Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
I watched a YouTube video. And found it interesting that the United States has a total of 68 submarines. While Canada has 4 submarines and Mexico has none. I wonder if this one has a hemi?
414z3xY5S9L._AC_SY580_ (1).jpg

USS Tusk, Guppy class, built in Philly PA; Diesel electric: Transfered to Taiwan in mid 70s, STILL IN-SERVICE: Sub "battles" NOT FUN!!! When Ivan pings ya, you can't sleep!!
That's a HOAGIE, named after "HOG ISLAND" which was at Philly Navy Yard back in the day

EM2/SS Nuke educated & trained, veteran

USS Tusk, Guppy class, built in Philly PA; Diesel electric: Transfered to Taiwan in mid 70s, STILL IN-SERVICE: Sub "battles" NOT FUN!!! When Ivan pings ya, you can't sleep!!
That's a HOAGIE, named after "HOG ISLAND" which was at Philly Navy Yard back in the day

When were you in service? I can only imagine the incredible intensity when you were pinged or even you pinging another. Submariners fascinate me. There is a really great movie with Gerard Butler as the commander during the cold war era. I wish I could recall the name - it was so intense I’d love to watch it again.

Ya gotta forgive cr8crshr, he's from the Chair Force.... :lol:

I watched a YouTube video. And found it interesting that the United States has a total of 68 submarines. While Canada has 4 submarines and Mexico has none. I wonder if this one has a hemi?View attachment 1403092
I see a fishing pole!

Ya gotta forgive cr8crshr, he's from the Chair Force.... :lol:
I was in the 'Force' and sure didn't get to sit in very many chairs. Only time I got to sit a lot was when I cross trained from 'cops' to transportation. Kinda hard to drive standing up.....

Actually it is a pic of the now gone K Mart Sub Sandwich. Similar to a Hoggie but not the same. Just fixing your mistake from the Chair Force!!! NYUK NYUK NYUK...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
I was USAF during the 1970's, and i never heard this tremonology "Chair Force" during my enlistments.
When did this come about?
hemi71x
Jim V.

1982-1984 Schools (BEE, EM "A", Nuke school (Orlando, now gone) & Prototype (S3G, NY) 83-84)
84-88 USS Skipjack out of Groton

We did "ops" with a 688 (brand new boat at the time) 1 yr, they left Groton an hr before us, we had steel nose, so we "went on the step" and beat them to the canyon, "shot" them, squadron & fleet WERE NOT HAPPY to say the least, WE LOVED IT!!

Hammerhead, LUXURY LINER!!! :lol:

I remember seeing the submarine races at the drive-in theater when i was young:asskiss::lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back