• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

suggestions for PS pump that will replace my Federal pump on a 440

munger77

Local time
11:56 AM
Reaction score
1968 Plymouth with a 440. Currently has a Federal power steering pump. I've had leaking on several Federal PS pumps, including rebuilt ones. Kind of tired of it. I need a recommendation on a quality power steering pump that will work for my car without a lot of chasing brackets, and looking for additional things. LMK if you have suggestions. Thanks

Will this work?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaz-96-140/applications/engine-type/v8

Any other ideas for pumps that are good and not prone to leaking? Will any work with my Federal Brackets?

Get a Saginaw pump and brackets. Pump can be found on eBay for 30-200 bucks, brackets from 440SOURCE along with the pulley, hoses...use hoses from a 70 Dodge Challenger RT. Your set.

Thanks 5.7 - Are all Saginaw Pumps basically the same? I see GM, Ford, different brands; chrome, zinc, and black. They all look the same.

Let me do some checking. Be right back.

Mopar’s used a keyed shaft for the pump. 440SOURCE has everything you need to get a Saginaw pump on your car.

Return hoses are different diameter, so you’ll need a different fitting for the steering gear or you can fabricate an adapter.

I bought the whole setup of 440 Source. The only thing they did not do was the pressure hose.
They did a rebuilt pump for $99 no core charge.
It is working good no leaks or issues so far.

Thanks everyone - problem fixed. It was a leaky fitting where the hose attaches to the pump. Tightened it up with some elbow grease and plumbers tape. Whew. Pump was fine all along.

Auto Transport Service
Back