• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestions for the ceiling in my trailer

bobs63wagon

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
This spring want to insulate and cover my ceiling on my 24 ft trailer. What did some of you guys use? Thanks.

How about the stuff used on floor pans?
IIRC home improvement stores sell something similar. A friend used it on his utility trailer.

I'm guessin that this is your racecar hauler? I'd be worried about condensation and moisture accumulation problems if anything. I would think the tin foiled bubble wrap would work, it's just finding a good glue to keep it glued up there. Good Luck

I've seen some with a spray on, foam type, but haven't heard feed back on it. I think the bubble wrap type would work well, and cover it with a layer of luan plywood.

Last edited:
I’ve used that 1/2” foam/foil insulation from Lowe’s on three of my trailers then covered that with 1/8” luan plywood or cheap paneling. I’ve never had an issue with condensation.

Screenshot_20210309-180926_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I’ve used that 1/2” foam/foil insulation from Lowe’s on three of my trailers then covered that with 1/8” luan plywood or cheap paneling. I’ve never had an issue with condensation.

this seems right to me.

What ever you use, I would recommend staying away from any fiberglass, use a mineral/ rock wool instead. It's hydrophobic meaning it won't be affected by any moisture if some is accumulated. It is also not preferred by rodents and has a far superior insulation r-value. Cover it with luan or something else that can breath

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back