• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Summer is almost here

Dakar Timm

Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
After spending several afternoons reattaching all the parts the powder coating finished it was time to check my work .
Ruby is always up for a car ride . Happily no leaks or surprises .
B0CF1A32-9B29-4411-816F-912374C7853A.jpeg

Almost ? 80+ down here today . . .

Whatever happened to the rear bumper not fitting the car?

Whatever happened to the rear bumper not fitting the car?
As anybody who is married the following is true ,every word. After 40 years of the car being in the family ,it was only after I noticed ,and was dumb enough to point it out did my wife want to know how I was going to rectify it . Following the advice given here ,I removed the whole bumper and chased threads .After very carefully remounted and slowly measuring and rechecking and tightening the mounting bolts,I saw the middle of the bumper had been pushed in . There is a very slight inward curve .Seems many years ago the bumper had been pushed . I noticed that chrome trim strips didn't line up on the passenger side but do on the drivers side .Currently ,I'm not sure how I'm going to pull the middle of the bumper out a 1/2"

good to get both of them out :thumbsup:

they look good too

Auto Transport Service
Back