• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

summit headers your opinion???

mrstp43

Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
have a 73 coronet 318 w/ power steering. Summit definitely has affordable stuff. so far just new accel plugs, wires and coil. want to add the headers and found a guy on craigslist with a like new complete dual exhaust system off a 67 satellite, for 75 bucks. theyre both B Bodies right, would this work out, with maybe just a little cutting? my headers and his exhaust, got to keep this on the cheap...

I bought a set of Summit shorties for my truck years ago and they were a piece of S%^t!!
Fit and finish was terrible on them. Bought a couple of Summit brand things over the years and in general I will not do it again - especially on bigger items. About the only way I'll buy a Summit brand is if they have the only game in town on a particular item..

Thanks Stumper, i know you get what you pay for. sometimes cheap is all i can afford, but if the fit sucks then ill steer clear.

Not sure what car you have but Hedman headers fit my big block four speed car perfectly and were only $160

I have a 71 charger 318 with power steering. I bought the summit headers on sale for somethin like 90 bucks (the black ones). They really aren't that bad of a fit once you get them in. The driver side was a quite a pain to put on. The header bolt to tube clearance on the back tubes is pretty tight. It was pretty annoying trying to get those bolts on. The driver side runs pretty close to the ground and I have hit it before on higher speed bumps. For what I paid for them I can't really complain because I figured I get what i paid for. If my car wasn't buried in snow I would snap a couple pics for you. Maybe if I get time later in the week I can post some.

I bought a pair of TTIs for my 383, they were 1 3/4 tubes. Can't get the # 5 plug in. I have seen this problem with there 2 1/8 headers, but thought the smaller one would clear stoke heads. You would think with all the time they have had to fix this they would have. My point is sometimes you can pay to much for what you get.

I bought a set of summit headers for my 440 67 satellite and would do it all over again. They fit great and sealed right up with no problems and at 109 bucks it was worth it.

I bought a set of summit headers for my 440 67 satellite and would do it all over again. They fit great and sealed right up with no problems and at 109 bucks it was worth it.

I'm curious when you bought yours? I bopught mine about 6-7 years ago and like I said earlier they were real junk.

headers

I'm curious when you bought yours? I bopught mine about 6-7 years ago and like I said earlier they were real junk.

I bought mine november 2010 and they had raised machined flanges and they were very good fit and quality.

Must be I got a set out of the first batch from China.... Mine were junk.

Auto Transport Service
Back