• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sun visor replacement

Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
I bought a set of replacement sun visors for my 62 Plymouth. I tried putting them on the arms and they were super tight. I sprayed silicone down inside and managed to get them on with a crazy amount of effort. The next one l used silicone grease and the same deal. Now they move but it takes 2 hands to do it. I'm thinking they are a "Pile of Crap" Would anyone know if the 3 holes that mount them are a standard size within Mopar ???

Are these reproductions from some company? I had Legendary redo mine, they work perfectly. Should be a spring steel clip inside that holds tension on the rod, mine work easily with just one hand. Also there should be a bracket above the headliner with four holes, one larger one in the center for the pivot and three in a triangular pattern for the screws. The early Bs are all the same pattern as far as I know. Pictures?

I bought a set of replacement sun visors for my 62 Plymouth. I tried putting them on the arms and they were super tight. I sprayed silicone down inside and managed to get them on with a crazy amount of effort. The next one l used silicone grease and the same deal. Now they move but it takes 2 hands to do it. I'm thinking they are a "Pile of Crap" Would anyone know if the 3 holes that mount them are a standard size within Mopar ???

I replaced mine too, same problem buit I an finding that over time they are loosening up.....
newvisors.jpg

The three hole patteren isn't standard. Some might interchange but I don't know which ones.

I found a set of used visors from a chrysler and they were identical to my '62 dodge but the three hole plate had a different screw pattern. I pulled those arms out and used my original arms. I know there are different diameter rods also.

Can you compare/measure the inner diameter from you old ones to the new ones?

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...p-new-residence.114133/page-30#post-911008250

The three hole patteren isn't standard. Some might interchange but I don't know which ones.

I found a set of used visors from a chrysler and they were identical to my '62 dodge but the three hole plate had a different screw pattern. I pulled those arms out and used my original arms. I know there are different diameter rods also.

Can you compare/measure the inner diameter from you old ones to the new ones?

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...p-new-residence.114133/page-30#post-911008250
See, I learned something new today! Every one that I’ve ever seen were identical.

Mine look's like Red63440's. l don't know who made mine, My car was just a rolling shell when l got it, it didnt even have sun visors, l got mine from Joe Suchy. So much Great info on this site. Thanks Guys

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back