• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Bee lift off six pack hood?

Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation on the best quality lift off, six pack hood to buy? I'd like it to be as original looking as possible.

Thanks,

I answered your question on the OTHER web site you posted this same question on.

best repop one out there is from YEARONE. Hands down the best. just be prepared to take one for the team if you catch my drift!

I like getting multiple opinions. Thanks.

There are no other OPINIONS for what you asked. There is nothing else close to the original other than the one I and SSR (same hood) mentioned. The only other ones built are single layer "race weight" (read cheap) with no provisions to seal the air cleaner to the under side of them.

Hope this doesn't come off sounding the wrong way, that is just the way it is.

Another opinion that was offered indicates that the AAR six pack hood is the best for the money.

Any idea what the differences are / which is more correct?

Another opinion that was offered indicates that the AAR six pack hood is the best for the money.

Any idea what the differences are / which is more correct?

I've heard that the AARs are good too, but never compaired them.
KID

My Father had a Year one A12 hood and it was junk.Fit nice but and looked good for about a year or so after that it cracked alot.

My Father had a Year one A12 hood and it was junk.Fit nice but and looked good for about a year or so after that it cracked alot.

Well, maybe you should consider what the people that OWN these REAL cars have to say about it and check out the a12forum.com I own one of these cars and have a cheap race weight hood as well as an original so I can't speak PERSONALLY for the Year One repo but the general consencies there is that the Year One hood is the way to go.

Here is aar's sales description of there A12 hood:
"Coronet lift off fiberglass Six Pak hood features lightweight framing for durability. Must be installed with hood pins or Dzus fasteners. Ready to sand, seal, paint and install."

It says nothing about air box on the under side and there is no picture of the under side. Have YOU seen the under side of one of their hoods?

i have looked at all three in person
i have an orig
yo hood looks the closest to original
a novice would have problems picking it out from real

aar hood looks nice, is high gloss on the underside
very easy to tell its not real

it all depends what you are after as to
what is "best"

Year One hoods are GARBAGE...

I posted elsewhere on the B-Bodies site about the hoods I rec'd from YO. I tend to agree with the quote above. The YO hoods didn't arrive in good condition and there are issue with the underside of the hood.

There are no other OPINIONS for what you asked. There is nothing else close to the original other than the one I and SSR (same hood) mentioned. The only other ones built are single layer "race weight" (read cheap) with no provisions to seal the air cleaner to the under side of them.

Hope this doesn't come off sounding the wrong way, that is just the way it is.

darrell is right. no other option for the best fitting looking correct repop hood.

i have looked at all three in person
i have an orig
yo hood looks the closest to original
a novice would have problems picking it out from real

aar hood looks nice, is high gloss on the underside
very easy to tell its not real

it all depends what you are after as to
what is "best"

this is also correct.
i have originals on both my cars and the yo is very close to my a12 superbee original in appearance.

Attachments

• 115-1544_IMG.JPG
    115-1544_IMG.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,080
  • 65 B BODIES PARACHUTES W SUPERBEE 023.jpg
    65 B BODIES PARACHUTES W SUPERBEE 023.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,234
Auto Transport Service
Back