• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Bird Radiator Support Partial VIN

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
Does your car have one?? Yes or No?

If yes, is it on top of the support under the coolant decal or on the side facing the radiator tank?

Reading some cars got missed / not stamped on the Rad support coming out of Lynch.

Mine has the trunk lip stamp and it only took me about 26 years to find it by staring at it for a few hours a couple of years ago, thinking I saw a number and sanding off the paint as it was stamped so lightly.

BEE and BIRD VIN #'s 022.JPG

I've stared at my radiator support for hours, after removing the coolant decal, but hesitant to start sanding the top.. if it was on the side.. or maybe not there at all. Decal was there so long it's lettering is transferred into the paint, so hard to distinguish other numbers that might be under it.

superbirdcleanup20182019 497.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry I can't remember the actual location on my Superbird, like so many of my cars the numbers were verified, but now after paint they don't show anymore. I will try and look at the book I made on the restoration and see if I made a picture.

They were on the side,not the top,mine doesn't have one.From what I understand and what I've seen,most birds didn't.

Last edited:
THANKS!! What I had read and heard, but wanted to confirm. I guess the Lynch Rd stamping crew got lazy before Christmas!

One less thing to worry about... I'll just go with "never there" !

THANKS!! What I had read and heard, but wanted to confirm. I guess the Lynch Rd stamping crew got lazy before Christmas!

One less thing to worry about... I'll just go with "never there" !
I have pictures of every number that was found on my Superbird, but there is no picture of a core support stamping. I can assume that mine didn't have one either. Sorry I don't remember more, but I haven't done much to it since 2004 when it was sort of called done.

I attempted to locate mine on the rad support and found none. I will suggest however I was not interested in removing paint or the decal to look closer.

The qtr panel vin number was located and very clear.

Mine has one in both places but my bud has had two and neither one had it stamped on the core support, just the rear quarter.

Auto Transport Service
Back