• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superbird from Nebraska

oldchevelle541

Local time
7:48 PM
Reaction score
is there any information that would suggest how many Alpine White Superbirds were shipped to the State of Nebraska. I believe that after speaking with early owners in detail my car was sold new in Nebraska.

I don't know the number, but I did some repair work on a white Superbird, I believe with a black vinyl top, In Omaha in 1980 for a friend of mine. I distinctly remember advising him to sell it and buy a mopar that will be worth something some day!(DUH DUH!) I had recently sold a 71' cuda 340 four speed for 1,600 Dollars, and thought I had cut a fat hog, just buying a 69' 340 GTS for $400.00 Bucks. Those were the days!
I hope I didn't pull the post too far off. There were very few around, and that probably was the only white one in Nebraska.

I don't know the number, but I did some repair work on a white Superbird, I believe with a black vinyl top, In Omaha in 1980 for a friend of mine. I distinctly remember advising him to sell it and buy a mopar that will be worth something some day!(DUH DUH!) I had recently sold a 71' cuda 340 four speed for 1,600 Dollars, and thought I had cut a fat hog, just buying a 69' 340 GTS for $400.00 Bucks. Those were the days!
I hope I didn't pull the post too far off. There were very few around, and that probably was the only white one in Nebraska.

by 1980 it was painted black I believe. The car only being a year old went from white to blue to black over the course of a few years. It wasnt until 2006 that is was restored back to its original color.

If you have any personal Information, I would be happy to try and run down who may have had it. There weren't very many sold here.

Thankyou

If you have any personal Information, I would be happy to try and run down who may have had it. There weren't very many sold here.

Thanks, I believe car was sold in Grand Island NE but much like old dealerships they are long gone. I will let you know if I wish to pursue further.

There was a TON of superbirds in the Omaha area, Lyles discount tire, 84th and L st area, had 7 of them that he owned in the 70s. I do not remember if he had a white one. There was a white bird here with rough paint but I asked around and it turns out it was an original lime green car.

is there any information that would suggest how many Alpine White Superbirds were shipped to the State of Nebraska. I believe that after speaking with early owners in detail my car was sold new in Nebraska.

Register on the dodgecharger.com forum and ask this guy,his name is Dave,he has more info on old history than anyone.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1421

nascarxx29
Position: Old Timer
Date Registered: December 14, 2005, 06:40:32 PM
Last Active: Yesterday at 08:33:21 PM

There is a superbird sitting in a shop in S/E Nebraska about 80 south of Omaha that was originally white. It is petty blue now. Has been sitting there for about 20+ years. Don't know the vin on it but it is sitting in a building with 2 hemi roadrunners that are all original. Also a 70 R/T charger with 60000 miles on it. Guy wont sell any of them. None on them has seen the road in the past 20+ years.

Hey Dreamcatcher I noticed you are from Keystone, do you know of the white Superbird in RC use to sit in a alley!

Interesting history all these cars have. I'm curious about the history of mine as well. Super bird or not. I can understand why someone would want to know the history of there car - or not ......

Auto Transport Service
Back