• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superbird headliner help

Vertburt

Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys. Time for a headliner for the superbird clone. Sorry but I can’t find a pic anywhere on the net of what it is supposed to look like. Does it use sail panels like a roadrunner ? Any help or a pic would be appreciated. Thanks

The quick answer is "no". The material is installed, front to back, then is finished by bringing the material down to the package tray shelf, and pulled tight under rods made of modified (bent) headliner bows. I'm looking at terrible pictures I took back in the 90's, and I partially installed the side AND rear window trim, to hold the headliner material in place, before stretching it downward, to finish it. I understand the rods were just used to install the material, then removed and reused on the other side. I have pictures somewhere of a couple birds that had them left in place, but not always. After pulling the material tight, I glued it to the top of the package shelf tray. When finished, the actual package shelf further "pulls" on the material to keep it taut, as much as I could remember.

On the second picture, the rod is shown installed. There is a hole on the window plug and on the frame in front of the package shelf. (I've seen these rods on eBay, if you're looking for a good picture.)

15855057025208127667568862330444.jpg Screenshot_20181111-170126.png

The quick answer is "no". The material is installed, front to back, then is finished by bringing the material down to the package tray shelf, and pulled tight under rods made of modified (bent) headliner bows. I'm looking at terrible pictures I took back in the 90's, and I partially installed the side AND rear window trim, to hold the headliner material in place, before stretching it downward, to finish it. I understand the rods were just used to install the material, then removed and reused on the other side. I have pictures somewhere of a couple birds that had them left in place, but not always. After pulling the material tight, I glued it to the top of the package shelf tray. When finished, the actual package shelf further "pulls" on the material to keep it taut, as much as I could remember.

On the second picture, the rod is shown installed. There is a hole on the window plug and on the frame in front of the package shelf. (I've seen these rods on eBay, if you're looking for a good picture.)

View attachment 929190 View attachment 929192

Auto Transport Service
Back