• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superbird nose decal help

wtate

Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,

Needing some specific help on applying the large two piece nose decal on the nose. I've been able to put on the "Plymouth" on the Qtr. Panel & Round Decal on the wing as well as the headlight door successfully. However, because of the size of it and the multiple angles of the nose I've ruined one decal so far and want to make sure I get the next one correct.

Anyone who's had success with this and could give me some clear guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

Are you floating it into place with water/soap mixture, after an extensive cleaning with Naptha first?

OK, thanks appreciate the input. Do you start in the middle and squeegee the bubbles out from there.

OK, thank you, this is very helpful, especially with the video.

One final question, it looks like you removed the top protective paper on the outward facing side of the decal before laying it down? Just curious not on the instructions I have. But may be helpful for laying it into the curves and edges easier? Also if this is what you did, was there any marks left from the squeege working out the air bubbles?

Nope, cover layer is on the decal while being floated in place and peeled after it has "set up" for a while. If you followed all the pictures and text through the decal installation you'll even see me peeling the cover material 3 hours later.

OK, got it. Makes more sense. BTW you're SuperBee looks great, really like the color.

Thanks
Wayne

Lot of good answers, number 1 is Clean area. #2, lots of soapy water stayed as much as can hold on BOTH sides, you’ll float the decal in place, then squeegee... I have done middle to edge, but it’s better to start on one side, middle up, the middle done, easygoing and slow..

Lot of good answers, number 1 is Clean area. #2, lots of soapy water stayed as much as can hold on BOTH sides, you’ll float the decal in place, then squeegee... I have done middle to edge, but it’s better to start on one side, middle up, the middle done, easygoing and slow..

Thanks, I did get it using the methods above. The other item I learned in watching several GraveYard cars YouTube's related to this, was to get a "fresh cut" decal from Phoenix Graphix. This seems to help as well. The original one I tried seemed more rigid and less supple.

Auto Transport Service
Back