• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

superbird on craigslist

These cars will have the same fate as Modal A and T, 55-57 chevies, etc. Values on them will drop. If you like them great, they aren't an investment. LOL

As the people that grew up around them pass on, there will be fewer interested in these old relics. The unique and desirable will hold some value, the rest... not so much.

JMO, that rusty SB is a 30K car at best.

I will take all the Superbird project cars you can find in that condition for 30k each! That may be your opinion, but the market says different!

you're buying a vin & fendertag
pretty much that's it, in reality, not for the faint or heart
or for that fact the BJ/Mecum auction haters,
where they all mostly sell for big bucks
& the rest is another $100k to restore it
to get the BIG $$$

There is more than a VIN tag and a fendertag there. It is a matching numbers 440 Six Barrel, 4 speed, Dana car with all the aero parts present. If you can weld,and restore the car yourself,then it's doable, if you have to pay someone else to restore the car, then you would be better off buying a done Superbird. Almost all the needed sheetmetal is now available for the car.

Almost all the needed sheetmetal is now available for the car.
Then the old question of "How much sheet-metal can you replace before it is no longer the original car" comes up. Fender tag and build sheet are pretty tenuous links to hold onto when everything else has been replaced around them.

The car isn't folding in half,so I am sure it needs all the usual B body sheetmetal that is commonly replaced on most New England cars. Personally I would rather see these cars saved,verses crushed or left to rot into the ground.

Auto Transport Service
Back