• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superbird Scissor Jack

oldchevelle541

Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
any thoughts if the photos below show a true Superbird jack or a reproduction. Paint and finish may not be correct but more interested in if it's real.

Thanks

PB020001.jpgPB020002.jpg

Original,you decide.There are a lot of repro's that are close,be careful.

Attachments

• SBJ70.jpg
    SBJ70.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 585
Original,you decide.There are a lot of repro's that are close,be careful.

I presume there is a date code on the scissors jack like there are on other jacks. Where can it be found on the jack?

No sign of a date code anywhere.Since all birds had a B30 scheduled production date and the limited total built it was probably a negligable item.

Attachments

• P1100263.JPG
    P1100263.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 501
  • P1100265.JPG
    P1100265.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 494
  • P1100264.JPG
    P1100264.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 545
Jack date codes are two character codes stamped into the head of one of the assembly rivets. Look closely as it is small and may have been painted over. Again, I don't know for a fact that one will be there but that would be where I would look.

any thoughts if the photos below show a true Superbird jack or a reproduction. Paint and finish may not be correct but more interested in if it's real.

Thanks

View attachment 232056View attachment 232057

does not appear to have any date codes on rivets but not open to begin randomly sanding off paint. The jack looks like it has been used especially on the underside of the base plate. My guess if this was a reproduction it would be in better condition.

I was happy to have a scissors jack.
didn't care if it was repop.
no one knew but me.

Auto Transport Service
Back