• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Superbird

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlr8

Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
Hello Folks!!

I know this is a long shot but I was told to place a WTB post here so here it goes:

I want a Superbird. I'm a real cash buyer. No hassles, no nonsense. If you have or know of a bird for sale, I'm looking. I do not want an over restored car that someone wants unrealistic money for. I do not want a perfect car. I also do not want a rust bucket or a clone.

Here's what I'm looking for: I'm looking for a nice driver that I can actually use. I want to be able to take it to a cruise night or local show and not be embarrassed or worried about getting home. At this point, color isn't that important to me. Neither are engine options but let's face it, I cant afford a HEMI (with all the crazy drivers out there, I'd be too scared to drive it on today's streets anyway). I like the idea of an automatic with a console. If given my choice, I really like Limelight green but any color or engine combination will do. It needs to be a correct numbers matching car and the VIN needs to start with RM23...

I am from SE Pa. and as stated above I'm a real cash buyer. No checks, No wire transfers, No loans. Just lots of pictures of dead presidents (although to be fair, Ben Franklin was never a president).

PLEASE contact me if you can help.

Price Range ? There are some in my area, and Nice Cars...

Price Range ? There are some in my area, and Nice Cars...

Let me start by saying VERY COOL avatar! I've always liked the Dodge Street vans!! There aren't many of them still around. You should be proud!!

Price - Well, of course condition will affect the price but I have enough saved that I should be able to get a decent car. Not perfect, but nice. I apologize for being a bit vague but I don't want to post financial details on a public forum.

I see about 8-10 of the same Superbirds on various websites. They never seem to be sold, and they've been advertised for a LONG time. The numbers are silly. $220-275 (or more)... They're nice but in no way worth that kind of money which is probably they are still being advertised. In my mind, I can't drive a 50+ year old car that I paid 200+k for. To me, that's insanity. My hat's off to those that can do it!

I will definitely keep my eyes opened for you. Took me two years to find the one I could afford in 1988. Hoping the best for you

No offence, but unless you have a couple hundred $200+. I think you’ll be looking a long time for a numbers matching rust free super bird only to find that they don’t exist

I'll start off with
I wish you luck going after the dream.
I bought mine last fall. ( 1966 hemi car ) And have ZERO regrets pushing the envelope / upping the budget.

I know a few people that own wingcars. But none for sale . A very good friend of mine pulled his out of long term storage just this past summer.( shown here ) After 32 years of hibernation.
He said this one is absolutely not for sale

Based on watching the market the past 2 years . But......IMO only

Its going to take 150 to 200k....'or more '
to buy a decent car.

20210913_162011.jpg

Last edited:
No offence, but unless you have a couple hundred $200+. I think you’ll be looking a long time for a numbers matching rust free super bird only to find that they don’t exist

I've gotta try. I can't do 200k but I'll do what I can!! Still, I appreciate your thoughts.

One of the guys on Dodge Charger board sold one of his Birds last year .
Car was a solid driver , vinyl top was removed and slicked over. Paint was a custom mix . I think it was a 4bbl car and I dont remember the original color. But it took him a while to sell it at right at $100 k , maybe just a little under actually.

BUT, a Bird for less than 100K is gonna be tough unless its a rot box major project in todays market

Depending on the car, I'm north of 100 and south of 200. I feel as though I'm about where I need to be for what I'm searching for. The bigger question is can I actually FIND it.....

A buddy in Northwestern Ontario has a 440 auto car in Orange. He had it sold but the deal fell through. I bought the GTX from him last year. PM me if you’re at all interested and I can put you in touch with him
86881280-4CBF-40F0-88AD-A06D191BA303.jpeg
DF1B343D-F004-44B7-A955-AE93A5B24207.jpeg
0992DF4C-35BE-430B-8144-3038B41F19A8.jpeg
C9F968D3-0DE7-420E-983C-88B7A4141009.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back