• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SuperbrightLED's sale.....

Propwash

Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
For those of you looking to upgrade to LED's.......

LED's.jpg

Prop/Will have you done the conversion to LED's on your 69 RR ??, I saw you did the HID headlights...

Sure did Bud! Only lights that are not LED are the HID Headlights and the front turn signals and rear turn/brake lights. Love'em.....will even more when I'm actually driving the car and not sitting in the garage with the lights off, hooked up to a lawn & garden tractor battery pretending to be going somewhere..lol

I saw a major drop in amp draw from converting to HID Headlights and LED's.

Thanks ... yeah the blinker/turn indicators rapid flashing with LED's, would really be the only real issue, but you can get a ballast for that... I'm going to do the conversion too, it's just not real high on the priority list right now thou...LOL...

- - - Updated - - -

Especially need the HID headlights

I hear you...Had everything ripped apart so it was a good time to swap on my end. Best upgrade I enjoy on them is the blue lights in the dash and console. Adds a little something extra to the taxi-cab looking cluster the bird has. The HID's are awesome, absolutely no comparison. If you wanted to spend about $5-10 bucks you could install a bousch style 5 PIN relay with the 87, 87A terminals in your current headlight system. You would definitely improve brightness and stop any dimming or flickering you have going on. Any kind of conversion you may do moving forward, let me know. I'd be more than willing to give you a hand with tips/tricks/ideas or even schematics if need be.

You're right on the Blinkers, a LED flasher would be needed. Myself I read conflicting reports/articles/posts on how the LED's do not perform well as far as brightness in the brake/turn housing because of the narrow beam width and the design of housing for bulb reflection. I'm just sticking with the old 1157's in those sockets.

Thanks I will, Will... yeah any light or pump or electronics should be ran thru a relay IMHFO, less voltage demand, less chance for spikes or voltage changes too... as you can see, I've copied your schematic & harness to my photos/attachments on my computer...

- - - Updated - - -

I did LED's & HID's @ P.U.E.C on utility equipment cranes aerials etc., starting back in the late 90's... But it's always nice to have more info & schematics/drawings too... never can have enough information & knowledge, I've forgot so much stuff, over the years, it's like having a refresher course now...LOL.... always willing to learn a new trick too...

I agree. Sounds like some pretty cool work. Great to see you kept that schematic Budnicks. Nice to know someone can use that down the road. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back