• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sure grip lube

they sell a gear additive called whale oil. It will prevent your rear to chatter going around a curve.

I used to have a small bottle of Mopar Limited Slip Additive. You think gear oil smells bad? You never caught a whif of this stuff!!!

you can get limited slip additive from any autoparts store, but if you use synthetic gear lube, no additive is required as those oils are formulated for limited slip differentials from the factory.

you can get limited slip additive from any autoparts store, but if you use synthetic gear lube, no additive is required as those oils are formulated for limited slip differentials from the factory.

i agree, never used synthetic with a slip differential only with a spool.

Looking atcone vs clutch i can understand a additive for clutch but dont know why cone type needs it. But I just do it.

The additive helps reduce chatter even in the cone units but STP will do it too and it actually works better in the newer Trac-lock pieces of crap....

how much of the stuff goes in with the gear oil?

I use the "ferd" stuff and it's like 8 bucks for a 6-7 oz. bottle and use the whole bottle.

Just FYI, the cone type does not require additive.

EDIT:

I went on the Auburn site and they actually DO recommend either the GM or Ford additive, so I stand corrected.

I'm probly a retard and am doing it wrong, but I just go to Pep Boys and get whatever gear oil is recommended for limited slip. Has worked for decades.

I'm probly a retard and am doing it wrong, but I just go to Pep Boys and get whatever gear oil is recommended for limited slip. Has worked for decades.

You ain't a tard at all. As long as the gear oil specifically says for limited slip, it's fine. No additive needed cause it's already formulated in.

Auto Transport Service
Back