• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sure-Trac trailers

HWY100

Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
Anybody have opinions on quality of Sure-Trac trailers? I'm looking at a steel deck 7x18 for my roadrunner. I don't know anything of Sure-trac so looking for a little advice from those with experience. Thank you

I purchased [new] in March of 2019 a Sure-Trac 7x18 Wood Deck Car Hauler trailer. This is a beaver tail model with diamond plate at the very back. I've used it once to haul a car [my 70 Cuda], and I've used it several times to haul 25 or so 16ft long oak fence boards and my brother's Kubota tractor. It came powder coated from the factory, and although it sits outside uncovered all year, the paint still looks new. At that time I paid $3,325.00 for it from a dealer just 3 miles from me here in Maryland. It pulls/tracks just fine behind my truck, it seems well made [welds, decking, paint, electrical, etc...] and so far the only maintenance I've done to it is to stain/protect the wood deck each fall with deck sealer from Home Depot.

For my purposes I'm very happy with it. It's long enough to haul my 64 Polara when I'll eventually get to the point in it's restoration that I'll need to trailer it, and I like the fact that the ramps are adjustable along the back of the trailer to suit various wheel widths, from a car to a lawn tractor. [The 2 ramps are 5 ft long & store under the trailer when not is use]. I also bought two extra ramps for it that I store in my barn, so if I need to can put all 4 ramps in across the back which will give me peace of mind when rolling my Polara onto it while the car is on it's rotisserie.

I have the factory brochure if you need to know more of its specific's. These trailers come with 'standard' and 'optional' features just like cars/trucks do.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Thanks for the info. This trailer appears to be better built than some others I've come across. My runner measures 202(17') so my concern now is an 18' ok

So in their brochure, what I have is an 18ft "C-Channel Car Hauler". It's 82" wide between the fenders and the wood deck is 15'-9" long.[Each deck board is one piece of wood]. Then the diamond plate in the back measures 2'-2" long which makes the overall carry area 18ft. But as I mentioned, it is a beaver tail so that last 2 feet drops down a bit.

Sure-Trac does make a 7 x 20 foot C-Channel Car Hauler, at least they did in 2019 according to the brochure I have.

Frequency of use IMHO also played a part in my decision to buy what I did. If I was a contractor hauling skid steers everyday I would have opted for a trailer heavier built. But for my occasional usage, the C-Channel works just fine and I think I got a decent product for the money I paid.

Steve

A lot of them hold up well, paint and wiring are the big issues. The paint has no primer under and the wiring is fair. I’m sold on featherlight after using a couple from friends but it’s all up to you and your budget. Big Tex is comparable too

Surprisingly, a lot of trailers aren't painted underneath. Nothing, just bare metal to rust at will.
If you plan on keeping a trailer a long time in the rust belt, be aware.

A lot of them hold up well, paint and wiring are the big issues. The paint has no primer under and the wiring is fair. I’m sold on featherlight after using a couple from friends but it’s all up to you and your budget. Big Tex is comparable too
I just sold this one.... People were fighting over it...
DSCF0689.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back