• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB SureGrip Spiders gears

Status
Not open for further replies.

63SPF

MOPAR 4 LIFE ! MOPAR OR BUST ! PLYMOUTH'S RULE !
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
Aloha, anyone got a set or 2 of large & small Spider gears for a cone style sure grip unit ? Cones also if available ? Mahalo C

20190608_091026.jpg 20190608_091315.jpg 20190608_091733.jpg 20190608_091305.jpg 20190608_091619.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone got parts ?

Last edited:
I got a mixed box of spider gears from open 8.25”s , 8.75’s and suregrip 8.75. I’ll check later when I’m home.
In the mean time, post up the diameter dimensions of the gears, so I will have an idea of which gears I should be looking for....
Chuck

I got a mixed box of spider gears from open 8.25”s , 8.75’s and suregrip 8.75. I’ll check later when I’m home.
In the mean time, post up the diameter dimensions of the gears, so I will have an idea of which gears I should be looking for....
Chuck
Aloha, spiders out of an open gear unit will not work !
Has to be out of a cone style S/G unit !
Many thanks, will try to get picts of Dia. Dim. asap

405D33BC-C790-4509-963F-7D9332B7DABD.jpeg
F82A5999-B9DC-4C77-BEB6-094B805D243A.jpeg
Aloha, I’m pretty sure these are from a stock cone type sure grip from an 8 3/4.
So it’s 30 spline, 3 3/4” diameter side gears. (Measured at the largest point, which is from outside of tooth to outside of tooth)
2 3/8” diameter spider gears (Measured as above) with around a 7/8” inner hole for the pin.

View attachment 784801 View attachment 784799 Aloha, I’m pretty sure these are from a stock cone type sure grip from an 8 3/4.
So it’s 30 spline, 3 3/4” diameter side gears. (Measured at the largest point, which is from outside of tooth to outside of tooth)
2 3/8” diameter spider gears (Measured as above) with around a 7/8” inner hole for the pin.
Sweet how much buddy ?

Just pay for shipping....
I’m sure it’s not easy for you to get parts.
What’s the best way for me to ship them to you? Shipping will be from 10111 NYC

Just pay for shipping....
I’m sure it’s not easy for you to get parts.
What’s the best way for me to ship them to you? Shipping will be from 10111 NYC
Wow, So Way Kool !
USPS Priority , Flat rate !
P.S. Let me be first to Leave you Pos. Feedback. Much Mahalo, C
Pm'd

Last edited:
P.S. Let me be first to Leave you Pos. Feedback. Much Mahalo, C
Hi Chris, Any chance you could leave Pos. feedback for all the members that left you positive feedback already? Thanks -Tom
MiradaMegaCab... Good on you man:thumbsup:

Hi Chris, Any chance you could leave Pos. feedback for all the members that left you positive feedback already? Thanks -Tom
MiradaMegaCab... Good on you man:thumbsup:
Happy to, Thought I had. But will fix ASAP. Mahalo C

63spf hope your not putting much tracking on that type unit . the dana style is the way to go . much greater . your still going mw right ?

Aloha, M/W in my 63 yes ! No money to buy dana 60 housing , shortened, axles . R&P and posi etc etc. Broke the bank. So stick with 8.75 / 3.91 suregrip for now !

no no its a dana type limited slip diff spring loaded clutches spiders , way stronger . i forget your on an inland , but just a 3/4 ton ford dodge of gmc could make it up with new axles . to what ever width your heart desires .

no no its a dana type limited slip diff spring loaded clutches spiders , way stronger . i forget your on an inland , but just a 3/4 ton ford dodge of gmc could make it up with new axles . to what ever width your heart desires .
copy that, Been looking for a housing to shorten down. Not much luck yet ! But might have a line on one. also talked to another brother with a Dana posi unit I can buy, Just need Axles and R&P. Some day. No real rush yet !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back